1. You got to re-assess your performance from the first half.
2. You got to rest a bit to re-gather your strength for the second half.
3. You got to hear from your coach as to what strategies to deploy to win in the second half.
So, how was your first half of 2015? Take stock on your wins for the past six months and write down wherever you moved the ball forward in any area of your life, business, and relationships. What contributed to that success? That question is important in order to keep repeating it! Also write down unfulfilled-as-yet goals that need a re-upped commitment, which probably includes a step-by-step action plan to make it happen between now and December.
It’s rejuvenation time, too! Hopefully, here in summer you have some vacation time carved out to get out of your routine and have some fun with those you love–even if it’s just a long weekend or two. Get outside more often to clear your head. Pick one of your hobbies back up. Make a memory.
And, as your virtual coach, want a few strategies to excel in the second half?
- Make the decision to be more intentional with how you use your time. Get ruthless with avoiding distractions and staying on track every day with the 20% of activities that give you 80% of your return on your goals. Get your big 3 priorities done every day by outlining them for tomorrow before you go to bed and front-loading them into your calendar.
- Make a list of 7-10 questions to ask yourself every single day and post it in a location or two where you will bump into it all day long (phone, monitor, mirror, dashboard). Set questions for yourself that remind you of how you want to improve for better results in the second half.
- Get out of your comfort zone in order to grow forward! Attend more networking events or go out with more couples or friends to build relationships. Try something new every month–even if it’s just a restaurant! Take a class to get better at a skill. Enlist a coach or accountability partner to ask you tough questions, as to not let you off the hook with coasting.
Now get back out there and show the world what you’ve got! Let’s talk again before the game/year is over. Keep discussions going on Google+ or Linkedin (Paul D. Casey) or at Growing Forward Services on Facebook or @growingfwd on Twitter.