Most teams do not have a set of values that govern HOW they do business together. This leads to increased conflict and off-mission behaviors. Getting your team off-site for a half-day could be just what your team needs to re-align in unity. The basic flow of the morning/afternoon looks like:
- Introductions and Icebreaker
- Vision: why we are here; today’s hopeful outcomes
- A discussion about Corporate Culture and interactive answering of 3 questions that, if answered, get at the essence of your culture
- Debriefing the feedback by comparing them to your organization’s mission/vision.
- Developing team values (DNA/True North).
- What commitments will this team make to each other? Values exercise
- Find patterns and decide on top 5-7 values.
- Brainstorm as-specific-as-possible behavior statements.
- Share with the group and decide on the next steps for pulling these together for final evaluation and buy-in.
- Marking the moment
- Ways to drive values deep into the culture
Your workshop helped us through an interactive process of determining our group’s core values, which values will assist us in working together in unity. I especially appreciated your willingness to customize the content and discussion points for our environment. We were impressed with your interactive style and the solid, thought-provoking content. You were friendly, focused, knowledgeable, and relaxed. Your workshop inspired and motivated my team. –Brenda Chilton, Benton County Auditor