The title of this blogpost isn’t a put-down; it’s a fact and hopefully a stimulant to becoming a more collaborative person. What collaborative people know is that one of us isn’t as smart as all of us.
- They seek out the advice of trusted sources of wisdom and insight when making decisions.
- They bounce their ideas and opinions off sounding boards who listen between the lines for what outcome they are shooting for.
- They increase their networks of people to include those excelling in their field and those in other fields who can share best practices.
- They have a few really great friends who love them no matter what, and who point them to the truth, even if it’s hard.
- When they get stuck, they don’t pull in to themselves; they reach out for help.
See the benefits? A steady flow of input that bears on one’s life make a person smarter than trying to re-invent a wheel on one’s own. And then position yourself to be that person for those around you, too.