So, I was driving in my neighborhood yesterday, and there was this kid, maybe 6 or 7 years old, walking on the sidewalk–actually, he wasn’t walking, he was more doing an end-zone dance! He was jiving and pumping his fists and singing or shouting to no one in particular. I looked to see if he had ear phones on, but no! He had his own party going on!
I thought to myself, Do I have that same party going on in my head and heart? All inhibitions aside, am I creating my own happiness and connecting to my inner joy at that kid’s level that it could be ME on that sidewalk, all lit up and bee-bopping?
It’s within our power every day. We must re-ignite our passions, and display our joy to the world: We can do this by:
- Making a list of what fills our emotional tanks and doing one thing on that list every day
- Getting enough sleep at night so that we awake refreshed, ready to take on the day
- Spending time with those who add energy to us: our loved ones, enthusiastic, positive people, and mentors
- Mixing it up–doing things more extraordinarily so that we don’t fall into ruts and stay there
- Learning something new–from a book, magazine, podcast, video, friend–that keeps us fresh/sharp/current.
Do I see your foot beginning to tap?
I would be thrilled to connect with you through Facebook (Growing Forward Services), Twitter (@growingfwd), or Linkedin (Paul D. Casey). Let’s mutually inspire one another!